It is the policy of AW Rail Services Limited & AW Construction Services Limited to comply with the terms of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent legislation and to provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
The company will so far as is reasonably practicable: –
• Ensure that Health and Safety is managed throughout the business so far as is reasonably practicable
• Will provide suitable and sufficient and suitably qualified resources for the management of health and safety
• All employees will be provided with such equipment, information, training, and supervision as is necessary to implement the policy and achieve the stated objective.
• The management review process will establish and set safety objectives and targets which will be monitored to ensure that the objectives can be achieved. This monitoring will be via site audit and inspection as minimum and by individual performance appraisals if and where applicable.
• Provide suitable platforms and forums for open discussion to permit a constant review of safety performance and maintain continual improvement in safety performance.
• Minimise the number of instances of occupational accidents and illnesses and ultimately to achieve an accident-free workplace
• Recognise and accept their duty to protect the health and safety of all visitors to the company, including contractors and temporary workers, as well as any members of the public who might be affected by our operations.
• Recognise that health and safety at work is the responsibility of each individual associated with the company, and therefore it is the duty of each employee to take reasonable care of their own and other people’s welfare and to report any situation, which may pose a threat to the well-being of any other person.
• Maintain an effective health and safety programme requires continuous communication between workers at all levels.
• Ensure that every worker understands their responsibility to report immediately any situation, which could jeopardise the well-being of themselves or any other person
• Encourage the report of accidents, incidents, near misses and close calls
• Encourage the Work safe Procedure to be evoked should the need arise
The policy will also take into consideration client specific Standards and policies which support and drive the business. This will be reflected within documents produced to enable the Company to work within a Railway or Construction environment
This health and safety policy will be continually monitored and updated, particularly when changes in the scale and nature of our operations occur. The policy will be reviewed and updated if necessary, at least every 12 months.
The specific arrangements for the implementation of the policy and the personnel responsible are detailed below.