AW Rail Services Limited and AW Construction Services Limited realise and understand that sustainability within the workplace is considered to be an important factor for the growth of business, and for the environments and communities wherever we work or our staff are deployed.
This policy statement outlines the company’s commitment to sustainability, which is supported by other policies, procedures objectives and targets that have been incorporated into the Company Integrated Management System.
AW Rail Services Limited and AW Construction Services Limited will ensure consideration of sustainability as follows:
• We will continue to manage our business aligned within the principles of ISO 14001 and will
strive to maintain exceptional standards of performance in relation to environmental and sustainability issues.
• We will seek to minimise our impact on the environment by reducing our carbon footprint
and by monitoring our use of the resources that are required to operate our business.
• We will seek to maximise the potential for the reuse and recycling of materials on
Projects where there is an active involvement of the company and assist and actively promote methods aimed at waste minimisation.
• We will develop our workforce and raise awareness of sustainability issues through our
employees, supply chain and clients to ensure that our workforce is able to meet the future needs of the business so far as is reasonably practicable.
• We are committed to improving and protecting the health and safety of our workforce
and the communities affected by our operations and will establish a “Home Safe Every Day” culture within our business and embrace similar policies of our Clients.
• We will establish standards within the business and will appoint people in key leadership
roles to ensure that the standards are implemented.
• We will continue to involve our local communities and stakeholders and will engage with
them at the earliest possible opportunity to ensure that any impacts are identified and managed effectively and collaboratively.
• We will continue to deliver products and services which have a low environmental impact
across their lifecycle.
• We believe in collaborative partnerships and actively seek to influence policy both locally and
nationally through our membership of various organisations, groups and working parties which are directly connected to our industry.
AW Rail Services Limited and AW Construction Services Limited are committed to growing the business in a responsible manner whilst continually monitoring, managing and optimizing our operations to ensure that they do not impact adversely on the local environment and communities in which we operate.