- February 19, 2024
AW Rail Services Ltd were approached by their client to supply and install new steelwork and vertical glazing to an existing subway stairway that runs beneath the railway line at Faversham Train Station in Kent. The remit was to prevent wind driven rain entering the top flight of the staircase and pooling in the subway. The glass spans vertically from the underside of the existing RHS supports to the top of the brickwork retaining walls.
- Prep of existing steel for welding
- Welding fins to existing steel
- Installation of steel angle to brickwork retaining walls
- Surface prep of existing and new steelwork to ST3
- Application of M24 paint system
- Installation of new glass to the stairway and rooflight