At AW Construction we like a challenge and when we were approached by one of our existing clients to Whitebox 3 separate units at one of their designer shopping outlets, Gunwharf Quays, we jumped at the opportunity to showcase our skills once more. As we had already completed projects at Gunwharf Quays, we were well qualified to take on such a complex task
Running three Whitebox projects simultaneously, with their own individual details and challenges, was a complex exercise, requiring meticulous planning of both resource and materials to ensure a successful and timely completion.
Needless to say, the individual elements of the three projects were extensive and our Contracts & Project Managers, Paul Woodbury and Tim Smith saw it through to the end – we have attached some pictures of the finished units at Gunwharf Quays which are now being occupied by new tenants.
Broad scope of works:
- Divide existing two storey unit into two separate units including the removal of steel staircase, installation of new structural steel and infill to concrete floor. Particularly challenging pumping concrete and screed from a distance service yard up to the first floor
- Strip out partition walls, floor coverings, racking
- Safe removal of glass balustrade to the edge of the first floor, installation of scaffold crash deck.
- Firestop all existing walls and ceiling, penetrated from previous fit outs
- Install new M&E systems. Also Separate M&E services from existing 2 storey unit into 2 separate single storey units
- Modifications to existing sprinkler systems and installation of new
- Installation of over 200m2 of new fire walls
- Forming of new self-contained storage area, with security mesh hidden in the walls, with wire mesh ceiling
- Install a new raft ceiling, incorporating recessed lights and new HVAC system, creating a minimalist finish
- Install new tiled floors
- Install new kitchenette
- Revamp communal areas – New decorations, fire doors, CCTV, vinyl floor
- Levelling sloping floor and installation of new engineered oak wooden floor
- Decorations throughout
This is just a small part of what AW Construction can offer the retail construction industry, we’re currently providing services to some of the biggest names on the UK high street – want to know more about this project or our services then please get in touch with any of our staff or message Tom or Greg direct.
AW Construction is a company with a proven track record of dependability, ingenuity, and commitment, delivering quality projects and services to the commercial construction sector throughout the UK – on time and on budget.
Our client base is varied, from well-established property management companies, to independent retailers, to National Chains found on the UK’s High Street, including the likes of Savills, Landsec, McArthur Glen, Lidl, M&S, Smile Direct and more. Whether you have one store or multiple sites across the UK we have the capacity to be able to meet your requirements.
Delivering projects to the highest standards working within a variety of sectors including retail, hospitality, leisure, office, and banking we have a wealth of experience in operating across the UK with a directly employed workforce.